August 7, 2013

My "Am I Too Old to Be Wearing This?" Outfit

With summer coming to an end I figured I would go hard and try to wear summer outfits that have been sitting in my closet.  What else screams summer better than some "super" short denim shorts I may have had no business wearing!
Top, Nordstrom Rack/ Cardigan, Nordstrom/ Denim shorts c/o Paige Denim/ LV Speedy/ Sandals, JustFab
What had happened was... I received these Paige Denim shorts in my Southern Blog Society gift bag (Awesome huh!).  I've been too chicken to wear them.  Catch me back in 1993, they may have been too long! LOL!  I think adding the cardigan made up for the lack of shorts.  I appreciate Paige Denim for making these shorts long in the back!  NO booty cheeks were exposed while wearing these shorts.
I rocked this "Too old to be wearing this" outfit to Sephora at Lenox mall for the Stila in the City event.  I learned about Stila CC Cream, their new brow pencil and some green stuff that turned brown on your skin.  I can't wait to try these items out. 

I meet up with some Atlanta blogging buddies at Sephora: Teodora from Fashion Lush, Eboni from Fashionista Next Door, Jessica from My Style Vita, and Tiffany from Tiffany Style.

I thought this was a cute outfit and felt good in it.  At the same time I was wondering if I looked too old to be wearing these shorts.  What do you think of this fit?  Leave it to the young-ins?  Do you wear short shorts?




*I received a gift bag from Stila for attending the event.  Thoughts and opinions are my own. 

19 comments:

  1. No ma'am you are not too old for this outfit --you're not even old! You look trendy and tasteful. All of you ladies look beautiful! I think I'm going to try this out--I have a top similar to yours from JCP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely still wear my short cut-offs! You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they look great on you! I hate getting that feeling of "am I too old to be wearing this". I say if you like it, rock it :-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great on you! You've inspired me to wear some shorts outside my house this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shorts look great and very age appropriate lenght. Now if they were pleather then maybe not so much lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. You styled them in a very classy way so NO MAM you are not to old to be wearing those cute shorts! You have the legs to pull them off, so keep on wearing your cut offs :)

    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never too old! I'll stay rocking em as long as I feel good about it! You look good in them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had some on this weekend. They are never too old! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Honestly, I think just about any piece can be styled appropriately for any age, so long as you're comfortable! I think you did a good job! I'm also careful to pair my shorter skirts/shorts with more modest, flowy tops to keep it out of the teeny-bopper realm of fashion!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YOu look awesome, as long as your legs look good, go for it!!! You look hot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not too old, but if you feel that way please send the whole outfit my way. I will gladly wear it. Already own that Louis Vuitton though. lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're funny! You look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. No way are you too old. You look amazing in those shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Girl! That outfit is hot. Age is just a state of mind. Rock what you feel good in!

    Teodora
    The Fashion Lush

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look fabulous!!! Young, vibrant and so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look PERFECT!!! The cardigan sets it off really nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look fine! Too long in 93 huh? lol you are not lying!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You absolutely should be wearing those! On fire!!

    ReplyDelete

Newer Older