July 18, 2014

Mamanista Fridays Link-Up: The Vest

I'm so ready for the weekend.  The last couple of weeks have been crazy busy.  I plan to catch up on some rest and get back on my diet.  Enough of my whining.  This week, Mama Fashion Files and I are wearing vests.  I wore this outfit to the Beyonce and Jay Z concert in Atlanta on Tuesday.

 Utility vest, Leith (similar) | Tee, J Crew (on sale) | Jean shorts, JCP | similar necklace | Watch c/o Caravelle | Aviators, Ray-Ban (similar) | Shoes, Chuck Taylor | Cross-body, Gucci (similar)
My outfit for the summer was super casual.  I took the train to the concert and I knew I would be on my feet all night.  I wasn't taking any chances trying to be cute in heels.  A vest is a the perfect way to add layers during the summer. We're styling Peplum next week. Be sure to follow our Pinterest board for inspiration here.

About the concert...It was nothing short of amazing!  Beyonce was everything I thought she would be and more.  Jay Z held it down while Beyonce changed outfits.  Don't get me wrong, I love me some Jigga and was on my feet for him all night but the show was really about Beyonce.  Jay looked like he was so happy to support his wife.  We need to see more examples of that.  They performed over two hours.  Greatest concert ever!  If you went to the concert, what did you think?




9 comments:

  1. Love your look! It is Beyoncesque (is that a word? LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous about the concert..lol! Love the vest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous about the concert..lol! Love the vest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great idea for a concert look. You are comfy and stylin'.

    xo
    Sam
    http://fabulouspetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both looks! I really like how you put on a glam necklace to add pop! http://fashionablyspeakn.blogspot.com/2014/07/ask-alela-sirah-vol-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super casual is the best way to go sometimes. Loving the chucks!

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look super chic in this casual outfit! I'm so jealous I didn't get to go to the concert. I love me some Jay and Bey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the look. And you gotta love Jay & Bey..

    ReplyDelete
  9. The concert was the business! Love that you kept it casual because I saw a ton of chicks wearing their club fits and shoes to the concert. Tragic!

    ReplyDelete

Newer Older