My two weeks on the Simple Start program on Weight Watchers has come to an end. As I've said in my previous posts, Simple Start is the easiest program to get you on the right track for healthy eating and weight loss. If you are anything like me, someone who eats everything bad like it was their full-time job; Simple Start is a perfect way to get started. No counting and no measuring (Ain’t nobody got time for that).
Simple Start is a realistic approach to starting a weight loss plan. The Simple Start app gave me tons of meal and snack options. I was excited that I loved majority of the meals Simple Start suggested. Best thing of all… I didn't have to give up bread or pasta. The Simple Start app even says it's ok to have a glass of wine! I probably would have thrown my phone out the window if the app said no wine.
I wanted to share some of my tips for a successful Simple Start.
- Read through every meal on the app. You may not think you will like a recipe but you may be able to substitute some of the items you don’t like. For example, you can swap couscous for brown rice or veggies instead of a salad.
- Plan your meals. Planning the week of dinners has made my life so much easier. Not that I really want to, but I have found myself cooking more at home.
- Make a grocery list. Try to get everything in one trip. I forgot to get some cheese one week and it totally threw me off.
- Try something new. Instead of eating the same things, try a new recipe. You may find something new that you love.
- Log your meals! I was a total fail at this. Don’t make the same mistakes I did. By logging your meals and snacks, you keep yourself accountable for what you eat. I thought I could keep it all in my head but I would forget about that 2nd glass of wine or the extra Weight Watchers snacks I ate.
- Get moving! Again, I failed. Even though I've lost some weight but I didn't workout. I hope I get some credit for chasing Peyton.
- If you fall off the plan, no worries, just start again. I haven't been perfect on the plan but when I eat something bad I just start back with the next meal.