January 14, 2014

Check-In & What I'm Eating on #SimpleStart

I’m almost two weeks in on the Simple Start program with Weight Watchers.  I’m happy to announce that I have already starting losing weight! *does the Running Man*.  This plan has been so easy to get to help me get on track.  The Simple Start app has some great meal ideas that I already love to eat.  With just a little tweaking, I haven’t missed out on much.  While I haven’t been a complete angel on the program (I’ve run amuck a few times), it don’t feel like I have to throw in the towel and start up again next year.  I just open up the app to read over the tips again and then take a stroll in my closet to look at all the clothes I can’t fit. 
I don’t like cooking and my days are crazy busy, so all my meals need to be extremely easy and quick to prepare.  The Simple Start app provided some great meal options that are easy to make.  With a little planning, I write down what I want to eat for the week from the app and head to the grocery store.  Below is a quick video check-in.

I love that the Simple Start meals are realistic.  I will never be able to kick bread or pasta to the curb.  I pretty much still eating foods that I love.  Even though there are no portion restrictions on the Simple Start plan, I still try to make sure I don’t eat too much but if I do, I don’t feel too bad about it.  My favorite meal is the cheeseburger and fries! 
What you need:
  • 3 oz of 95% lean ground beef (you can use ground turkey breast)
  • 1 light English muffin (I toast mine)
  • Spoon full or pinch of fat free cheddar cheese
  • Add lettuce, tomatoes, mustard, and fat free mayo
  • Crinkle cut fries (18 per serving)
I start by seasoning the ground beef.  Then patting out 3 oz burgers and placing in a baking pan. Because I like everything spicy, I add a little crushed pepper on the top.  I bake the burgers in the oven at 425 for about 30 mins (I like mine well done).  Once the burgers are in the over, I spread out plain crinkle cut fries on a baking sheet (instead of cutting potatoes like the app suggests).  I bake those for about 20 mins or until crispy.  Serving size of 18 fries only has 4 grams of fat!  Long as you bake them you are all good!  As soon as I take the burgers out of the oven I sprinkle on the shredded cheese so it can melt and look all delicious. I toast my English muffin and add mayo, mustard, lettuce and tomatoes.  I’m ready to grub!

Here is a glimpse of more meals that I have been eating. 

The Simple Start plan gives you two weeks to get going on your weight loss journey before heading over the full Weight Watchers plan.  To be honest, I don’t want to leave.  I may stay on the Simple Start for another week or two and add a few new meals.  Are you on a weight loss journey?  How is it going?





I was given a free one month subscription to Weight Watchers to try their new Simple Start plan and write about my experience.Though I was compensated for my time and commitment, all views, positive and negative, are my own.

4 comments:

  1. Now this plan looks realistic. I may need to give this a try myself. :) Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay baby that burger looks good! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that burger looks so good honey!! if thats healthy start eating, sign this curviebirdie up!!

    www.curviebirdie.com

    ReplyDelete

Newer Older