January 29, 2014

Atlantartica

You may have heard that Atlanta got a big snow today. It may have only been 3 or 4 inches but the havoc in this city is unbelievable. Atlanta was not prepared.
After 2 hours in the car for a normal 5 minute drive, I was reunited with my baby. Unlike a lot of families, we were able to enjoy the snow together. Some parents didn't even make it to their kids tonight. The thought of that breaks my heart. There are kids still at schools and stuck on buses. I thank God for all the people that are helping out kids and strangers tonight. I have a few friends that are sleeping in cars, Target or grocery stores tonight. When I tell you it's crazy here, please believe it.  

Mister just got home after being in the car for 10 hours.  I thank God that he is safe.  Mister said it looked like a bomb hit Atlanta. Stranded cars everywhere. I wasn't far from leaving my car to just start walking to get Peyton this evening. I'm truly blessed to be laying in my bed with my daughter and Mister.

Please pray for those stranded tonight. 

6 comments:

  1. I saw this all over the news, unbelieveable! The forecasters said that early warnings were sent to Atlanta officials but they didn't believe it so they didn't prepare for it! How crazy! Someone is in big trouble. Thank God you got Peyton and your Mister got in ok, so scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cousin spent 12 hours in her car. After leaving working at 1 she didn't get home until 11. How crazy is that! Hope y'all stay safe down there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! I'm from the Northeast so I can't even begin to process this! I know during a snow storm a few weeks ago a 40 min ride turned into a 3 hour ride, so I kind of get it. But why were people stranded? Why not just drive slowly?

    xo,
    Lisa
    http://www.dimepieceonadime.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That commute home was no joke. I am just thankful it only took me 4 hours and not the 12 of some of my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its so scary how the weather is changing and places that don't get certain types of weather are getting it. Good to hear your family got home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy to hear that you guys were ok, my heart really goes out to everyone in ATL.

    ReplyDelete

Newer Older