August 31, 2011

The Diaper Bags of Your Dreams!

While I was preggers I spent a lot of time obsessing over diaper bags!  My plan was to get a Gucci but I didn't feel it was funtional enought for the price.  I also wanted one to match her room and stroller.  So I ordered this Petunia Pickle Bottom Cake bag. 

Lovely isn't it! Looks like a big purse (that you can eat).  It also came with cross body strap. The price was about $300!  Then everything changed when I ended up getting this stroller a month before Peyton came.



The two don't even go together!  So I was not able to return the bag because I orded it from a boutique in Cali.  So I threw it on Ebay and it sold quickly.    So I kept looking and came across this bag.


JJ Cole Swag Bag.  Paid about $100 for it.  I lucked out I that I found a bag I like for this price!  Mister was happy!

It ended up being a durable bag!  I took several flight and wore it crossbody all the time.  But I still dream about diaper bags!  Here are some beauties that are out there now! I would take anyone of these!



Gucci Mama Bag - My FAV!!!










As you can see I like diaper bags that look like big purses!  Face it, it is your new PURSE!

What is the Diaper Bag of your dreams? What bag did you carry?  Did you break the bank?

13 comments:

  1. I am with you, I am all about the diaper bags that look like big ol purses. I carried burberry, pentunia pickel bottom, fleurville, and I have the marc jabobs bag that you posted but in black that I used as a diaper bag last year, now it's just a purse

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that you obsess about diaper bags! i thought maybe it was just me! i looked at almost every bag you posted! i ended up getting bag i didnt like, sent it back and found my navy blue kate spade bag on sale! score! i love it! it doesnt even look like a diaper bag! which is just what i wanted!;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them all! I actually received a Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bag as a baby shower gift from a co-worker! I then purchased a skip hop studio diaper bag which looks like a purse last year. I'm looking forward to Madison carrying her own little backback so I can go back to carrying an actual purse! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Mia Bossi bags. Can't afford them at the moment, but they are gorgeous bags.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm always thinking i need a new diaper bag even though my son is about to be 2! I'd take any of these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i almost got the burberry one but went for a Prada purse instead. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. See twenty (Goodie clears her throat~waves her hand as she just told her age~)years ago we had the *Old Skool* Target (hmmph now it's TarJay) Baby bag. Nothing CuYuTe and not many options!
    Plastic w/pockets!

    Glad my baby days are over; but wish we had the *good stuff too*
    ~IG2S

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that Marc Jacobs Eliza bag - I dont have a child but I can already think of a ton of other things I could throw in there!! And for those with kids, I bet you could throw it into the washing machine :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Coach bag! I have huge Coach and D&B bags. I'm hoping to use one of them as my 'Mommy & Me' bag when my son gets older. right now, I have a wristlet that I keep in his diaper bag

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooo I see what you mean, the Gucci is pretty amazing! I love the large LV one too...I can dream right?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great post! I started off with a coach diaper bag but didn't find it that functional as I couldn't hang it off the stroller because of the handles. Then, I ended up getting a cute leopard print bag that had one long strap and it was perfect for hanging off the stroller and swinging it over my shoulder. It's been so used now that it's all torn up on the inside. In hindsight, i wish that I had gotten the gucci one (with the one strap) as it would never go out of style. I loved all of your pics though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love them all but I have my eye on a Burberry bag! May end up with Coach!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those were all cute! I still love my black skip hop studio diaper bag best of all though- it is the most functional. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Newer Older