January 17, 2013

How to Always Be Ready to Go + Look Fab!

Have you ever had an event or party to go to and you just couldn't pull it together?  You end up not going because you can't find anything to wear or your hair is a mess!  As a mommy on the go, I  know all about it!  I wanted to share my tips on how I am how manage to pull it together to head out to special events.

1.  You should always have something to wear!  Invest in a figure flattering LBD (little black dress)!  No thinking is involved with a dress!  I love LBD's that are not so form fitting.  If I am bloated or gained a few pounds they always look nice!  You can change them up your LBD with accessories jackets, scarves and shoes!

2.  Keep your hair did!  I don't know if y'all have noticed but I don't like doing my hair!  Even though I love my natural hair, it takes time for me to manage.  When my schedule is packed and I have to deal with Peyton's hair, my hair is left behind.  My go to style is a weave or extensions.  All I have to do is brush and go!  If I have a few minutes to spare I will throw in a few loose curls. When I am not wearing a weave I am more than likely rocking a high bun!  This no fuss hair do takes no time!   Throw on some fabulous earrings and I am good to go!  I am not saying get a weave or wear a bun but plan you hair style ahead of time or prep the night before.

3.  Stick with your makeup routine.  If you just got some new makeup items, try them out ahead of time.  Nothing worse than putting on something and it wasn't what you thought or trying to put on lashes and getting glue all over your face!  Now you have to start over!  Stick with what you know!

4.  Lay out your clothes for the week.  Every weekend I take about 30 minutes and head into my closet to put together outfits.  Try on the outfits to make sure you like the fit and look.  Make sure everything is washed up before the week starts.  This ensures that your "good" jeans are not dirty when you want to wear them.


5.  Buy some nails!  Kiss Nail Dress and Impress Nails are my solution for not having time to get my nails done.  On only takes a few minutes to put these bad boys on!  No drying time required.

This may seem like this is a lot of work but trust me, it take less time to plan ahead than standing and staring at the clothes in your closet for an hour every time you have some where to be.  When you are not in a rush it is actually easier to put together an outfit.  I don't want to hear any excuses anymore!  What do you do to make sure you are ready to go?  Do you pick out your clothes right before you go out?

Don't forget to enter the giveaway for the Tory Burch lunchbox filled with goodies!  Click HERE!

If you have a minute please vote for me for Circle of Moms Top Fashion and Beauty Moms! You can vote once a day! Thank you for your support!

7 comments:

  1. Voted for you, of course:)
    I need to take your suggestion and throw some quick nails on before events..I HATE wearing them in my day to day life..but it would really spice up my look for big events etc.

    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great suggestions! I will definitely try them out this weekend. They will definitely help me be ready to go in 2013. No sleeping allowed LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your tips--I was just gifted a nice LBD for Christmas. I look forward to wearing it soon. Also, I'm with you on the convenience of a weave--love my kinkycurls but it's time to put them to rest while I rock the ease of weave. .LOL

    Mandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love me a LBD! Def a must have in every woman's closet!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips! I need to try those impress nails one day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome tips! I need to get my outfits ready for the week. That meh help me out in life!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your tips, especially tip #4.

    ReplyDelete

Newer Older