Did You Know?
- 1 in 5 American children live in poverty – a higher rate than any other developed country except for Romania. (2013)
- The average age of a homeless person in the United States is 9 years old. (Open Door Mission)
- Each year, over 800,000 children and youth in the United States experience homelessness. (Source: U.S. Dept. of Education)
- More than 16 million children in the United States – 22% of all children – live in families with incomes below the federal poverty level. (Source: National Center for Children in Poverty)
- More than 3.5 million people are homeless every night, and 1.35 million are children. (Source: National Coalition for the Homeless)