February 8, 2013

Proportions: Style Me Friday

Happy Friday!  Back at it again with Style Me Friday with the Fashionista Next Door!  I have to admit that I was not too fond of the inspiration look.  It looks cute on the girl wearing it but layers and chunky knits don't work to well for my body.  I tried to make the best of it!


Metallic Sweater c/o C+C California/ Shirt, H+M/ Knee Boots, Sole Society/ Jeans, F21/ Heart of Haiti Bracelet c/o Macy's


I try not to keep oversize sweaters around, they do nothing for me!  Adding a belt would only complicate matters!  Since this is such a casual look, I put on some flat boots instead of heels.  Yes, I am super bow-legged!  Since I didn't put on a belt I did put my hair in a side braid : ).  What do you think of this look?  Make sure you head over to Fashionista Next Door to check out the other looks and to link up!

Have a great weekend! XO

16 comments:

  1. You look adorable. Very casual! A good outfit for running errands.

    Who can belt a chunky sweater and look good? Only a model!! Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if you'd used skinny belt at your natural waist or somehow knotted the sweater up at your natural waist, it would have given the illusion that your legs started up that high! You could've pulled it off!
    But you do look very cute and comfy!
    http://ambularlogic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you still look cute....but I am with you. Chunky stuff does not look the best on me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute look, you and Eboni did great recreating the look in your own ways!!



    Carsedra of:

    http://www.embracingtherealme.com/

    http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute look! I had the same issue, I do not keep oversized sweaters around either..they don't work for me!

    Roni
    www.styleandpoise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute, I like it better with the flat boots.

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWwww but you look cute! I like the cropped sweater...but I feel you...some times the inspiration just isn't me! I'm glad you participated anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable with the flat boots! That's what I opted for too and i LOVE those bangles honey!

    ~Niurka
    www.FashionistaStyles.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look cute in anything. Talk about chunky. I like sweats and sweatshirts but put them on me and I look dumpy and chunky.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yeah, agreed, that is a tough one to pull off unless you are 5 10 and pencil thin..which I most definitely am not.
    Loving how you made it your own sans belt...it looks really cute and those boots are to die for. the braid is TOO cute but then again.... You always look adorable!

    Hope you have a great weekend.
    C

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute & Comfy!

    All things J
    http://trinibkbabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute! You didn't even need the belt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm all about the oversized sweaters! :)

    Like how you went with flat boots... definitely more comfy and casual!

    ReplyDelete

Newer Older