Let me start by saying, I'm no decorator. I just go with the flow (and what's on sale). The room started off completely empty. I'm doing my best to keep the cost low and use items we already have because Pinterest will have you trying to buy a new house. I already had one desk, file cabinet, desk chair, picture frames, lamp and candle. I purchased a new book shelf, rug, small desk (all from Ikea), pillow and lamp shade. I put my vision board (from last year) over my desk. Mister suggested that I find a nicer one or paint the frame.
These are frames I purchased on clearance at Target but never used. I think they were like $1. The candle is Nest from Neiman Marcus (on sale). Post card in the frame from Charm & Gumption.
I got a new book shelf from Ikea. Peyton has the same one in her room. I figured I would get the same one in case I want to use them together in the future. Post cards in the frames are from Charm & Gumption. I also have a "What Would Beyonce Do" picture to out up!
Tips for an office on a budget:
- Use what you got. Paint an old desk or grab a chair out the dinning room. Go shopping in your house.
- Add pictures. That is the cheapest thing you can do to make your space cute.
- Hit up the Dollar Tree to grab a few little vases to hold pins and office supplies.
- Shop the clearance sections first (or Ikea). I got the lampshade for $5 from Target clearance section.
- Get your DIY on. I loved Mister suggestion of painting the cork board. Hopefully he will do it for me.
Where do you work at home? Do you have any home office tips? Please share!